Thursday, July 02, 2009

RoboGeisha


I know I watch a lot of crazy, nonsensical movies all the time, but the craziest ones I watch always come from the mind of our asian friends. Not necessarily the best kind of crazy, just the "what the fuck am I watching" kind of crazy. I think it was Story of Ricky that really made me parcial to them, and now I have a soft spot for these movies.

I don't know what's going on lately, but they seem to be coming out at a faster pace than before - that, or they're just getting more publicity in movie blogs and slowly crawling out of obscurity. I've seen Machine Girl last year (that, to me, didn't live up to the hype), and Tokyo Gore Police a few months ago, and already there's a new movie in the works called RoboGeisha. Yeah. It'll be hard to top Tokyo Gore Police in terms of sheer ridiculousness of what goes on on-screen, but since the main character in RoboGeisha seems to transform into a tank and there are bleeding skyscrapers, I think it's safe to say this might be a little more insane than TGP.

Check out the trailer at /Film (I can't seem to be embedding it properly here) and let me know what you think!

PS - I'm hoping I can write a new review here soon. I've been seeing a fabulous batch of bad movies lately, and really want to write a few words either on Troll 2, or Manos the Hands of Fate... Hopefully I get time for that soon.

2 comments:

New Age CaveMan said...

srsly?! Saw the trailer a few days ago and I thought it was a fake compilation of random funny sequences...

Unknown said...

thix traila.. is... butiful!