Friday, January 16, 2009

Keanu Reeves to be Spike Spiegel

And because the world isn't made of good news, I came to know this morning that Keanu Reeves will be playing Spike on FOX's live action adaptation of the anime Cowboy Bebop. The same FOX who is doing such a lovely work with the Dragon Ball adaptation. The same cardboard Keanu Reeves we're used to.

Now, while I think the anime is a little easier to adapt to live action than Dragon Ball, and thus less prone to ridiculous cheesy dialogue (especially because the anime was richer story-wise than DB) and wire-fights, I don't really believe they'll do a good job (I mean, FOX has such a record of ruining stuff that's good, it's hard to trust them anymore). Plus, I think Keanu Reeves as Spike is just downright bad casting. Bad news, overall - I think they should leave Cowboy Bebop well enough alone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Só uma coisita... Qual é mesmo o teu nome no twitter? :)

Artemisio said...

*MASSIVE HEADDESK*

e___e

luckily, the news about watchmen compensate this one 8D wiiiiiiii indeed!

Anonymous said...

Fdx...

Osc@r Orozco said...

I didn't even know of this, geeez i hope it doesnt turn out horrible. i mean come on!